Type 1 Primary
A Limestone/Granite sub-base produced from quarried crushed rock containging a well graded micture of particles ranging from 0mm to 32mm.
Uses & benefits
- Used to create an easily compacted load bearing non-permeable sub-base and back fill i.e. road, paths, driveways, car parks and structural bases
- Typical use is as a finished surface prior to a top coating of asphalt, concrete, shingle and block paving
- Interlocks when compacted to ensure minimal voids and provides excellent load bearing qualities
- Should be non-frost susceptible when used within 450mm of the finished surface and has a maximum permitted top size of 63mm, graded down to dust
- Not to be confused with other materials such as Road Planings, Scalpings and Type 2 which do not comply with the clause 803 grading specification (all have higher fines content)
- If not conditioned with water the material will not compact properly
*Picture is a guide, colour may differ
Looking to get a quote or find out more?
Call us: 01376 772491 Email us: email@example.com